12.10.2012

Eggnog Fudge

Take it or leave it.

It's that simple.


When it comes to eggnog.

Am I right or am I right?  My conclusion is that you either love eggnog or you despise it.  There really is no in between with this distinctly thick and rich holiday beverage.  Personally, I'm an eggnog lover.  But I've definitely come across my share of haters.  So if you're the latter, I'd love for you continue reading my post but I'm fairly certain you won't find this fudge appealing.  Sowwy, guys.


But hey, if you're still here, you made a wise choice.  I was overly pleased with this fudge because not only is it oozing with eggnog goodness, but it's legit!  Sweet, creamy, melt-in-your-mouth fudge.  All of the key qualities a fine fudge must possess, right?  Correct.  And it doesn't get much more holiday-esque than eggnog. 

I had a hunch this was a smash recipe because it uses marshmallow fluff, and I'm a firm believer it's the key ingredient.  My first fudge attempt was for an SRC post, Cherry Walnut Fudge, and that recipe included marshmallow fluff as well.  And...it was the best fudge I'd ever had.  Let alone made.  The author of the recipe attributed the delectable-ness to the marshmallow fluff, so I'm stickin' with that.  And this Eggnog Fudge follows suit.


So how to describe this festive treat?  Well...it's rich and sweet.  The eggnog itself is complemented by white chocolate, marshmallow fluff, and salty butter.  And putting that all into one bowl will surely give you something scrumptious, but small bites are all you're going to need.  Well, you'll probably end up eating a lot of those little bites.  But hey, who's counting?  It's the holidays!  .

My Notes:
  • Be patient when making the fudge.  It will probably take several minutes to get the temperature where it's supposed to be, but it'll be worth it because you'll get the most perfect consistency!



Ingredients:
1/2 c. butter
2 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
3/4 c. plus 2 tbsp. eggnog
2 c. sugar
10 oz. white chocolate chips
1 (7 oz.) jar marshmallow creme
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. vanilla extract

Directions:
  1. Line a 9x9-inch pan with foil; set aside.
  2. Combine butter, heavy whipping cream, eggnog, and sugar in a medium saucepan.  Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.  Once boiling, reduce heat a bit and using a candy thermometer, continue cooking until temperature reaches 234°F.  Remove pan from heat and stir in white chocolate chips until completely melted and blended in.  Add in marshmallow creme, nutmeg, and vanilla extract.  Stir until smooth and pour into pan.
  3. Sprinkle top with additional nutmeg (if desired).  Let cool to room temperature before removing from pan and cutting into small pieces (I found it best to put the fudge into the refrigerator to cool).
Yield: 32 servings


post signature

3 comments:

  1. you are absolutely right. marshmallow is VITAL. i won't eat fudge that doesn't have it in it now:) I don't really like the rich creaminess of eggnog, but I love it "watered" down with some milk. I'll have to try this recipe out. love your cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jess! How are you? You know, I've never ever tried egg nog but I'm sure as hell going to try this fudge. It looks delicious. Thanks so much for linking up. I'm featuring this lovely recipe at the weekly Christmas round up on Sunday evening.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Design By: