10.06.2012

Pumpkin Harvest Cookies


Did the name of this post catch your attention?  Well I guess if you're reading this it must have, right?  I've been working on honing my creativity but it's still a bit lackluster.

Anywho, did you enjoy reading my post about my recent trip to Washington?  I hope so.  I absolutely love sharing tid bits about my life with you all [no matter how boring I may be] since 99% of the time all I'm reeling out is baking recipes.  I'm trying to bring back a healthy balance here.


So what do I have for you today?  Well basically, if these cookies aren't screaming Fall to you then I'm not really sure what will.  For reals.  These cookies are amazing little mounds of tender, moist, spiced pumpkin cookie dough, chock full of hardy oats, roasted almonds and hunks of milk chocolate.  Oh, and did I forget to mention the browned butter?  My. Goodness.  You intrigued yet?


And they're an absolute cinch to whip up, so I can bet that your friends and family will be begging for more.  I know my coworkers were! 

Happy weekend everybody!  .

My Notes:
  • I opted to use milk chocolate chips this time around but I do think semisweet chocolate would be just as [if not more] wonderful.  I felt like the milk chocolate flavor was a bit lost in all of the spices but my coworkers completely disagreed.  You can also use mini chocolate chips if you don't prefer big chunks.  The choice is always all yours, but just wanted to throw the options out there!
  • I used a scant tablespoon of dough per cookie but next time i think I'd use even more because I like my cookies a bit bigger.  Also, the cookie dough doesn't spread at all during baking, so if you like flatter cookies then I would slighty press down on them before placing in the oven.
Adapted from Bakers Royale

Ingredients:
1-1/4 c. old fashioned oats
1/2 c. quick cooking oats
3/4 c. all purpose flour
1/2 c. unsalted butter
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. packed light brown sugar
1 c. pumpkin puree
3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 egg
1/2 tsp. baking soda
Scant 3/4 c. milk chocolate chips
Scant 3/4 c. roasted almonds

Directions:
  1. In a small bowl, combine old fashioned oats, quick cooking oats, and flour; set aside.
  2. Place butter in a medium skillet and cook over medium heat until butter turns brown and has a nutty aroma, ocassionally swirling the butter in the pan using the handle.  Remove from heat and let cool while preparing the dough.
  3. Heat oven to 350F and grease baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray or use parchment paper.
  4. In a large bowl, beat together sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, and egg.  Add browned butter mixture and mix to combine.  Add in baking soda, mix to combine, and then add in flour mixture until combined.  Fold in milk chocolate chips and almonds.
  5. Place scant tablespoonfuls of dough onto prepared  cookie sheets.  Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies appear set.
Yield: 3 dozen cookies

post signature

4 comments:

  1. I read the word browned butter and I knew they just had to be delicious. Can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, these cookies look insane good!!! All the stuff I love in there! I need to pin these!
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Neighbor! I just read your about me section and learned you're from NE. I'm in Iowa! Des Moines, actually!

    These cookies just went into my fall list of recipes I need to make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. they look amazing! I will definitely have to try these.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Design By: